Terms & Conditions
It is the policy of the Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board (the “Board”) to ensure that the Internet and the board’s Information Technology are used to support learning in a manner that is consistent with the Board mission statement, Catholic values and guiding principles.
Network Etiquette And Citizenship
- The Board provides access to the internet for educational activities defined in the instructional plans of our teachers.
- Users will not post, publish, or display any defamatory, abusive, threatening, sexist, racially offensive, profane, obscene, sexually-oriented, illegal and other material found to be offensive.
- The sending or storage of offensive messages from any source is prohibited.
- Users shall not copy information or software in violation of copyright laws.
- Software and resources downloaded will be used only under the terms and conditions specified by the owner or creator of those resources. Only staff are authorized to download software or executable(.exe) programs.
- It is prohibited for a user to post messages and attribute them to another user.
- Users will not plagiarize works that they find on the Internet. Plagiarism is taking the ideas or writings of others and presenting them as if they were original to the user.
Security And Personal Safety
- Users may not share their passwords or accounts with others and must make all efforts to safeguard this information from unauthorized users.
- Users are advised to refrain from giving out personal information, such as their family name, email address, home address, school name, city, country or other information that could help someone locate or contact them in person.
- Users will not post identifying photos or videos.
- The Board reserves the right to block access to sites and to conduct regular checks of the system as deemed appropriate.
- An individual search will be conducted if there is reasonable cause to suspect that a user has violated the law or the school code of conduct. Personal files are discoverable under public records laws.
- Tell my teacher about anything on the computer that is inappropriate or makes me feel uncomfortable.
- Never use the computer to hurt, frighten or bully others.
- Never meet in person with someone I have met online without my parent’s approval and participation.
Have a question? Need Help?
Call 705.748.4861 ext.1281, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here to submit a work order.