What is power washing?
Powerwashing a Chromebook erases all the user account data and profiles stored on it. Sometimes it is necessary to do a power wash if the chrome operating system is not functioning properly.
How to powerwash your Chromebook
- Make sure your device has at least 25% battery available and is turned on.
- Ensure your wireless network is available.
- Hold down the CTRL+ALT+Shift+r keys:
- On the next screen select “Powerwash” and then click “Continue”.
- Your system will reboot to a “powerwashing” screen and then reboot again.
- After the 2nd reboot click “Let’s go”.
- Select and connect to a WIFI network. If you are powerwashing the device at school connect to the BYOD network with your PVNC credentials.