Printing from a Chromebook can seem a bit confusing at times. In this how-to, we give you some simple steps to help setup printing from a Chromebook,
- Login in to your Chromebook.
- Navigate to the bottom right of your screen to where the clock is displayed and click
- A panel will slide open. At the top of the panel click on the Settings gear icon.
- In the "settings" window use the search bar to search for printers. A list of available printers will populate.
- Printers are names by SCHOOL#-PRINTERMODEL-LOCATION. Identify your school's printers by school number. If you don't know your school number please ask a teacher.
- Select a printer from your school and in the location you want to print to.
If you have sent a print job to a printer and nothing happened:
- Check to see if the printer is sleeping. If there is a red light on the top of the printer and the LCD says sleeping - hit the OK button to wake it up.
- If the printer is offline cycle the power (turn the printer off and then on again). This will refresh its connection on the network.
- If you need more help ask a teacher and then can escalate the problem to their school's Learning Technology specialist.