Updating drivers on your PVNCCDSB issued device can sound scary but it is a fairly easy task that can eliminate issues such as internet connectivity issues.
What is a driver?
Basically, a driver is a set of instruction that let a piece of hardware, such as your WIFI network card, interact with your Windows operating system.
Why do I need to update my drivers?
As your Windows operating system (OS) updates itself sometimes your drivers need to be updated to best interact with your OS.
How do I update my drivers?
- Please ensure your laptop is plugged in and has at least a 25% charge.
- This process is made easy by utilizing the Lenovo System Update tool. You can download that tool here: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/system_update_5.07.0131.exe
- After downloading the Lenovo System update tool navigate to your 'Downloads" folder and locate the file called "system_update_5.07.0127.exe". Double click this file to launch the installer.
- Follow through the prompts to install the Lenovo System Update tool.
- Launch the newly installed Lenovo System Update tool.
- Follow the prompts to download a processing package to analyze your system
- Select all the "Critical" and "Recommended" driver updates and click next.
- In the next screen select download to start the update process.
- Some drivers may need you to reboot your system once the updates have been downloaded and installed.