What is powerwashing?
Powerwashing a Chromebook erases all the user account data and profiles stored on it. Sometimes it is necessary to do a power wash if the chrome operating system is not functioning properly.
How to powerwash your Chromebook
- Make sure your device has at least 5% battery available and turned on.
- Ensure your wireless network is available.
- Hold down the esc+refresh keys and then press the power button:
- The Chromebook will then reboot and the following screen will appear:
- Hold down the Crtl key and then press the letter D key.
- Press Enter at the following screen.
- Depending on the model of Chromebook, you may need to press the Spacebar and enter keys at the same time. Otherwise, just hit the enter key.
- The Chromebook will reboot. Please be patient during this process.
- When the powerwash is complete and the Welcome screen appears, click on the Let’s Go button and follow the prompts to connect to the correct wireless network.